Super Mario Galaxy 2 Game
Super Mario Galaxy 2 is an action platformer for Wii that continues the space-based fun begun by the 2007 runaway hit Super Mario Galaxy. Featuring out-of-this-world platforming across a wide array of unique planets and space environments, players can go it alone as Mario or team up with his old buddy Yoshi as they platform and puzzle-solve to their hearts content. Additional key features include new and returning power-ups, special power-up abilities when teamed with Yoshi and the new drill mechanic that allows Mario burrow into and through planets.
Like its predecessor, Super Mario Galaxy 2 is an action platformer set in space. Platforming takes place between worlds, known as galaxies. Mario can move between smaller examples of these by jumping. He can also embark on longer jaunts via a small steerable planet in the shape of Mario's head, but as a new twist he can also move into and through planets as well using the new drill mechanism. This allows for both a new direction in action as well as an opening to problem-solving and coin collection. Players can expect the return of a variety of powerups from the original game including Bee and Boo Mushrooms, but also many that are new varieties including the Rock Mushroom that temporarily turns Mario into a rock that can smash through barriers. Another key change to gameplay is the ability for Mario to join with his pal Yoshi. Once Mario hatches Yoshi from his egg he can ride him through a variety of scenarios. Yoshi's particular reaction to specific powerups makes for fun with gravity. For example, when Yoshi eats a "Dash Pepper" he is able to move at hyper speed allowing the pair to literally run up the side of walls. Also, after eating a Blimp Fruit power-up Yoshi can swells up and floats like a blimp, taking Mario with him to areas of the game otherwise unreachable. 
Super Mario Galaxy 2 full game features:
- Mario collects stars as he travels from galaxy to galaxy. Every level is new, but the game retains the charm, sense of wonder and beauty in line with Mario's history.
- On some stages, Mario can find an egg, smash it open and hop onto the back of Yoshi. Yoshi can use his tongue to grab items and shoot them back at enemies, or to snag attach points and swing across chasms.
- Yoshi has an interesting diet. When he eats a Dash Pepper, he gets so hot and frenzied he can run up steep inclines and vertical walls. When he eats a Blimp Fruit, he inflates like a balloon and floats to new heights.
- New powerups include a drill that Mario uses to tunnel through the planet's surface all the way to the other side of a planet.
- Skilled players will want to collect new Comet Metals, which will unlock harder levels with even more challenges.
Tell us what you're thinking...